I think one way would be Using the LiDAR data and developing flood grids but I am not sure.
having this would help me to develop a preliminary analysis of potentially affected area. I think that way it will help to better understand the watershed dynamics as well as a preliminary business case for further analysis.
I am looking for help for this task and if anyone can help me with the steps and ways that can be done, would help me to accomplish this task .
- Collecting the floodplain maps and putting them into a GIS format
- Using the LiDAR data (where possible) and developing flood grids
- Using orthophotograpy and other data developing a preliminary analysis of assets potentially affected (this will help us better understand the watershed dynamics as well as a preliminary business case for further work or analysis)
- Developing strategic planning tools where possible. (land use planning, building codes, climate sensitivity, outreach and public awareness, public safety and emergency response….)
- Developing visual communication tools.