Related data not appearing in AGOL attribute table

12-29-2016 01:58 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All.

My related table data is not appearing in the attribute table.  In the blog post from Michael Kelly (https://community.esri.com/people/MKellyesri-ireland-ie-esridist/blog/2016/11/18/related-data-in-arc... ), he talks about the new AGOL release supporting viewing and editing related data in the AGOL attribute table. In my map i can see that there are related records, but I am unable to see the actual data. In the screen shot below, it is correctly reported that the selected 'Case' has two related 'Waste Items', but none of the related data records are visible in the attribute table.

Any idea what i need to do to be able to see the related data?

I am using a hosted feature service. I am the owner of the data.   The related table has subtypes and each subtype uses some coded value domains. I am wondering if the coded value domains are messing things up?

Related data is not visible in attribute table

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelKelly

Hi Tom,

I suspect that the relationships have not been setup as expected - you need to have a Global ID field in the parent table, and then a Guid field in the child table which references the parent Global ID field. Check out the videos in the blog post you mentioned above to see how you can do this in ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap/Survey123 Connect.

If you have setup the related tables in this way, then I'm not sure what the problem is. I wouldn't expect the domains/subtypes to cause problems but perhaps they have. I would suggest you get onto Esri support or send on a link to the feature layer in question.

Michael

0 Kudos
Trippetoe

Hi Michael.

Thanks for your reply.  I have not used the Global ID as the related field; instead where are using the ID that our organization assigns to the record when it is created - we call it the 'Case Number'.  Within the feature service, we have one feature class and three related tables, and all the relationships are based off of 'Case Number'.  For two of the tables the related table data displays as expected in the Attribute Table.  It's just that one table - with the subtypes and domains - where the data are not displayed.

I'd be happy to share the feature service URL with you directly, however, it is private to our organization though and i don't think i can make it public.  Is there a way that i could add your account on a temporary basis to our org account? or some other way to grant you access?

Thanks again,

Tom

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly

Hi Tom,

I tend to use Global ID's for defining relationships as it removes the risk of duplicating primary key values. In this case, I would suggest you get in touch with Esri support as it needs a more detailed review.

Best wishes,

Michael

0 Kudos