Geoevent SDK development error

12-23-2016 02:00 AM
GauravKumar3
New Contributor II

Dear Geoevent Team,

I am facing an issue while developing a custom extension using the SDK and samples provided alongwith GEP.

I have written a code to read a file from datastore and based on certain alarming conditions the location will be displayed on the map.

I have used the sample available on github for cap alerting. i tried to run the same as and it works good for the sample files attached. After that i made some changes to check for some more alerts and built it again. The newly built jar file is then placed in the .../deploy folder under "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\" location. The GEP is now producing errors. when i checked in the log file it says:

com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport

Dangling meta character '*' near index 0 * ^ java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0 * ^ at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1955)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Pattern.java:2123)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Pattern.java:1996)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1696)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Pattern.java:1351)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1028)[:1.8.0_73] at java.util.regex.Pattern.matches(Pattern.java:1133)[:1.8.0_73] at java.lang.String.matches(String.java:2121)[:1.8.0_73] at com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport.populatePendingFiles(FileInboundTransport.java:114)[134:com.esri.ges.framework.transport.file-transport:10.4.1] at com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport.getNextFile(FileInboundTransport.java:246)[134:com.esri.ges.framework.transport.file-transport:10.4.1] at com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport.readBuffer(FileInboundTransport.java:127)[134:com.esri.ges.framework.transport.file-transport:10.4.1] at com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport.run(FileInboundTransport.java:352)[134:com.esri.ges.framework.transport.file-transport:10.4.1] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_73]

Dec 23, 2016, 3:09:24 PM

INFO

com.esri.ges.transport.file.FileInboundTransport

While reading files, an unexpected error has occurred. Error: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0 * ^.

Dec 23, 2016, 3:09:24 PM

ERROR

The input created displays status as error

Kindly find attached the screenshot FYR.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBramer
Occasional Contributor II

Hi prsdgaur

In your screenshot, your file filter is just simply * .  But in the screenshot for the CAP connector, the file filter is " .* ".  See below:

Might be a place to start.

Mark

0 Kudos
GauravKumar3
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. I noticed the same and rectify the error.

Thank you for reply again.

Gaurav Kumar

0 Kudos