Cascade images inaccessible

Jump to solution
12-12-2016 08:44 AM
MattElliott
New Contributor

I have a draft Cascade story map in which images are uploading correctly (dropped into builder) but many are later showing up as inaccessible (red error warning) during a story map check. I've reuploaded some; they view as OK (green); then later show as red. The number of inaccessible images seems to grow, too, as the story map is viewed by proofers.

Thoughts on a fix? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Matt,

Oh, sorry, I thought this issue was in the Cascade Builder, but now I realize you were seeing this issue when checking your story on the My Stories page of the Story Maps website. That sounds like a known beta issue that should be fixed in our next release, which will be available this Thursday morning.

Great story, by the way!! As I was looking through it, I noticed a few of the images were loading a bit slowly. That is also a known beta issue which should be fixed Thursday; however, you'll have to upload your images again to take advantage of the fix. There's no need to re-add all the images, but you should see a big improvement by re-uploading any that are slow.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Matt,

Sorry you are having an issue with your uploaded images. Could you provide a little more information to help us troubleshoot?

• How are you sharing the story map with the collaborators? (a group or by sharing with the organization)
  • Are all the reviewers in the same organization?
  • Do you notice the images disappearing after editing or saving any particular part of the story?
  • Are multiple authors editing the story?

Is it possible for you to share the story publicly so I can take a look?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
MattElliott
New Contributor

Thanks, Owen. I've made this public at http://arcg.is/2hekwy0. It doesn't appear the issues are actually blocking the images from appearing, though it could be affecting their load time(?). 

In answer to your questions, the image issue cropped up almost from the start, before others began viewing the map.

I haven't noticed a pattern in saving/losing. For instance, yesterday all appeared fine/green. Today, at last check, all but two are flagged.  

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Matt,

Oh, sorry, I thought this issue was in the Cascade Builder, but now I realize you were seeing this issue when checking your story on the My Stories page of the Story Maps website. That sounds like a known beta issue that should be fixed in our next release, which will be available this Thursday morning.

Great story, by the way!! As I was looking through it, I noticed a few of the images were loading a bit slowly. That is also a known beta issue which should be fixed Thursday; however, you'll have to upload your images again to take advantage of the fix. There's no need to re-add all the images, but you should see a big improvement by re-uploading any that are slow.

Owen

Owen Evans
MattElliott
New Contributor

Thanks, Owen. And great to hear on the soon-coming fix! I'll check afterward and re-upload where needed.

0 Kudos