ArcGIS online map viewer layers not loading

Jump to solution
12-07-2016 09:09 AM
JeffreyMeyer
New Contributor II

Hi

I've had a map up for about a year and it has been working fine.  Recently the URL changed for one of my basemap layers - this basemap layer is hosted externally.  When I got in to the launch the map viewer to update the basemap URL none of my layers are showing up.   As expected, I get a popup saying the basemap can't be loaded so it'll use the default basemap, but then none of my layers show up and it reverts back to the default extent. It's like starting fresh from a brand new map. not good.  I can launch the map fine in ArcGIS desktop, but it will not load in the ArcGIS online map viewer.

http://camaps.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8eeaa01db6e64b2d914aec3c7bd2a4f4 

jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff - That's pretty weird. Maybe try updating the URL of the basemap layer with this tool ArcGIS Online Assistant . Be sure to log in as the owner of the web map, clikc on the "I want to" drop down, pick "Update the URLs of Services in a Web Map" and enter the updated URL for your basemap layer. Hopefully that will get you back up and running.

-Adam Z

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff - That's pretty weird. Maybe try updating the URL of the basemap layer with this tool ArcGIS Online Assistant . Be sure to log in as the owner of the web map, clikc on the "I want to" drop down, pick "Update the URLs of Services in a Web Map" and enter the updated URL for your basemap layer. Hopefully that will get you back up and running.

-Adam Z

JeffreyMeyer
New Contributor II

thanks Adam that works. you are a rock star.