Remove Service Layer Credits

Jump to solution
11-10-2016 02:56 PM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to be able to remove the Base map Service Layer Credits.

I think it is confusing for the map user as it looks like it is the source for the data shown and not the base map

Is there a way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well they are mentioned in ... Make a layout—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

way, way down under Insert dynamic text... so one might assume it is there, maybe not n the same help spot

View solution in original post

16 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Mele,

There was a way to do this in ArcMap. In Layout mode, you would go to Insert --> Dynamic Text --> Service Layer Credits. At that point you could move them off of your map.

I am not sure if Pro has similar functionality or not. Maybe look into the Dynamic Text options of Pro?

MeleKoneya

Thanks Adrian, 

I did see that this could be done in ArcMap,  but I was not able to find the same thing in ArcGIS Pro.     I can add the text again with dynamic text,  but cannot remove it as of yet.

Mele

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Maybe Dan Patterson‌ knows.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well they are mentioned in ... Make a layout—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

way, way down under Insert dynamic text... so one might assume it is there, maybe not n the same help spot

MeleKoneya

Dan,  Yes it was there.     It was a little counter intuitive to me at first.    If I Insert the Service Layer Credits as Dynamic Text,  I can place it either off the layout frame or give it a text color of 'no color' and it does not show up.

Thanks! 

JenniferPomeroy
New Contributor

Thank you so much! I've spent soooo much time trying to figure out how to not show the service credit on my inset map. Tried your suggestion and it worked!!!

0 Kudos
SophieHatcher
New Contributor

Hi, 

I've got an mxd that I have added as a map into ArcGIS Pro, and I tried the Dynamic Text technique you've spoken about but it simply adds some new text instead of replacing the service layer credits I'm trying to remove. 

Does anyone know of a way to remove it altogether like the way ArcMap does? Thanks

JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro has the same capabilities as ArcMap.  We give you the option to remove the service layer credits (SLCs) that appear in the map frame so you can place them somewhere on the layout rather that having the credits potentially obscure the content in the map.  Keep in mind that those credits are there for legal reasons.  Removing them from the layout or making the text transparent, etc defeats the purpose of the credits.  They should be on the layout.

Steps:

1) With the layout view active, select the insert tab.

2) Within the Text group, click the Dynamic Text pulldown control

3) In the Layout section, click on Service Layer Credits.

This will extract the credits from the map frame and place the same information into a paragraph text element on the layout.  If you have multiple map frames with different basemaps, all credits are concatenated.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jeff,

This was a huge help, thanks!!!

0 Kudos