Disabling layer selection AGOL and Collector

11-10-2016 08:42 AM
GaryRussell1
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a set of webmaps for use in Collector. All will feed in to and use the same Enterprise GDB and feature services, however I need each webmap to only show the data for specific regions. 

I can't mess with the GDB etc unfortunately to split the data and visualise it separately. The final product would be a webmap for use in collector where the person on the ground could only see their area of responsibility.

The only way I have figured to do this thus far is to use masking on each webmap to expose the relevant areas, however this leave the possibility of turning off the masking layer and seeing the rest of the country.

So two part question

1)    Is there a way of limiting (Spatially) the data that webmaps in collector 'see' of archive and new features added across the whole map?

2)    If not and masking is my only option, is there a way of disabling the user/publisher from turning off a layer in the webmap?

Sorry for the confusing post - first time please let me know if more information is needed.

Cheers

Gary

Context:

Feature service 1 - Current point data, nationwide. Clearance to view is by region and each regional manager can only have access to two regions. Hence the several webmaps. Point data do not have attribute data on location except geometry.

Feature service 2 - Blank for collector - subject to QA etc then brought down for further assignment before eventual integrating in to feature service 1 via the Enterprise GDB

Feature service 3 - Polygon of regions.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaryRussell
New Contributor

Additional information.

I have managed to publish a map service to my ArcGIS Server containing a single polygon of a mask leaving the area required clear (one of eight as a test). I then added that to an AGOL webmap to the basemap layer and made it to a reference layer. This works in part. The data are covered but a user in collector can still select points under the mask if they are quick when the layer redraws following PTZ actions.

Ideally the webmap would have a spatial filter rather than an attribute filter in AGOL before it was serviced to Collector. This would remove the need for masking at all. Each team in each place would be in separate groups and only view the relevant data from the same service.

Cheers in advance

0 Kudos