Open Survey123 survey using a custom URL

Jump to solution
11-04-2016 03:39 PM
KatjaKrivoruchko
New Contributor III

I am trying to get Survey123 app to open a survey using a url as described here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/create-surveys/integratewithotherapps.htm

What I am seeing on Android, is that the device does not know what protocol "arcgis-survey://" is - the link is not highlighted as a link and putting it into a browser takes me to a search page. On iOS, Survey123 app does open and attempts to download the survey.

Is there a special trick to get this working on Android (I tried on Note 5 and Galaxy S7)?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katja,

Application URLs are not universally supported on Android - Deep App linking and changes to Chrome on Android - Tales of a Developer Advocate  provides a good overview of the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

katja_krivoruchko-esristaff it appears you are missing '123' form the original URL.

Try: arcgis-survey123://

Hope this helps.

KatjaKrivoruchko
New Contributor III

It just works for me using the system-generated URL on iOS. On Android, however, the system does not recognize the URL as a URL. Is there something that needs to be set in system options for Android browser to recognize type arcgis-survey123:// as a URL and to know what app to open it in?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katja,

Application URLs are not universally supported on Android - Deep App linking and changes to Chrome on Android - Tales of a Developer Advocate  provides a good overview of the issue.