AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does my raster image fade out after creating pyramids?

Question asked by Geobrett on Oct 31, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 by jskinner-esristaff

Hi all.

I just created pyramids for several large Worldview detests to speed up display, and now they will only display when zoomed to raster resolution. What gives? The images are in TIFF format (with a world file of course). 

I have attached three two images (despite the notes re. file size and total number allowed, the 'Attach' file would let me load a 248KB file!!.) of approximately the same area: the first zoomed out (showing one of six images that doesn't show the problem - that was exported from Global Mapper and imported into ArcMAP), the second zoomed in and showing features appearing, and the third as the image should look when zoomed out - in this case I was at 1:3,000 scale. When I zoom out, the image more or less 'disappears' as in the first image.

My friend Google has failed me this time, so I would dearly like to hear from anyone who can explain what is happening and hopefully educate me with a solution. 

Thanks. I will appreciate any responses and especially assistance to resolve this apparent gap in my understanding.

Outcomes