Multiple Maps in One Section

Jump to solution
10-12-2016 02:11 PM
DanielleDerrick2
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am using Story Map Journal for a project, and I would like to be able to display multiple maps in one section of the journal that are each related to the topic in that section. I am having troubles figuring out how to upload multiple maps into one section. An example of what I want to do is in this story map: http://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=9b5f19e06a2b4aaba75844d147251d2b  

Where in the section "Bats with pd showing diagnostic symptoms" they have their topic and then include multiple maps related to that topic of which the user can scroll through. I would like to be able to figure out how to do that in story map journal, or if that is possible.

Thanks!

Danielle

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II

The bat site on the page you refer is displaying a 'Story Map Series' on the section of the Story Map Journal. So a story map within a story map. This is done by using a 'Web Page'  not a 'Map' as the content in the journal section. (if that makes sense)

To do that:

1. Create a 'Story Map Series' story map with all the maps you want to display. This will be referenced by your Story Map Journal

Open the finished 'Story Map Series' story map in view mode (not edit mode) and copy the URL.

2. In the Story Map Journal you need to add a section and the main stage content will be a 'Web Page' . Paste the URL from the above.

Done.

regards, Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarkHoyland

The bat site on the page you refer is displaying a 'Story Map Series' on the section of the Story Map Journal. So a story map within a story map. This is done by using a 'Web Page'  not a 'Map' as the content in the journal section. (if that makes sense)

To do that:

1. Create a 'Story Map Series' story map with all the maps you want to display. This will be referenced by your Story Map Journal

Open the finished 'Story Map Series' story map in view mode (not edit mode) and copy the URL.

2. In the Story Map Journal you need to add a section and the main stage content will be a 'Web Page' . Paste the URL from the above.

Done.

regards, Mark

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup, what Mark said. ^^^ 🙂

There's also a blog with some more information on using story maps within other story maps:

Embedding a Story Map within a Story Map | ArcGIS Blog 

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MarkHoyland

Thanks for the link Owen, that's a great article. I was wondering how they got rid of the title bar out of the bat example. Now I know. The article explains it all.

Cheers, Mark

0 Kudos