Create XY plot of raster data

Jump to solution
10-11-2016 01:21 AM
ShouvikJha
Occasional Contributor III

Dan Patterson‌. Thank you. I want to do  on  cell by cell basis. I have two different parameters of raster data, so one parameter i want to plot  in X axis and another one Y axis to make it relation between two parameters. 

How do i convert it in row and column  format. can i convert it in  ASCII format? 

Data is tiff format same as which we got from our above scrip suggested by Xander Bakker.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

before you go off into a side tangent of graphing and trying to 'correlate', 'predict' or extrapolate see...

Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR)—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Only if you are working with interval/ratio and there is some real predictive behaviour between the two variables.  Looking for correlations, relationships between two variables via a magical statistical test is overused.  But if you are looking for an association then the above and other substitutes will save a flurry of activity in the wrong direction

For nominal data...  Combine—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   gives you the basis for tests of Association such as the chi-squared test.  And at worst it gives you a tabular output for discussion

Make your intent clear and specific... otherwise people with keep throwing suggestions out that will meet vague goals ... not necessary specific ones.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

before you go off into a side tangent of graphing and trying to 'correlate', 'predict' or extrapolate see...

Geographically Weighted Regression (GWR)—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Only if you are working with interval/ratio and there is some real predictive behaviour between the two variables.  Looking for correlations, relationships between two variables via a magical statistical test is overused.  But if you are looking for an association then the above and other substitutes will save a flurry of activity in the wrong direction

For nominal data...  Combine—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop   gives you the basis for tests of Association such as the chi-squared test.  And at worst it gives you a tabular output for discussion

Make your intent clear and specific... otherwise people with keep throwing suggestions out that will meet vague goals ... not necessary specific ones.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos