Filter in table widget

10-11-2016 01:32 AM
FalkoMartin
New Contributor II

Hey there - I was wondering if there is any chance to have a filter function on layers which are dynamically added to a session e.g. by the GP widget (add result or uploaded shapefile as operational layers). I noticed, that functionality is limited for these types of layers. My desired workflow: upload and add a zipped shapefile (polygons, fields are NOT standardized and subject to change) --> use FILTER functionality within table widget (now grayed out) --> use selection as input for gp service. Uploading and adding the features as op. layer works fine - also opening the attribute table. I can use the selection widget for spatial selection - and I can use those selections as input for my GP. Filtering in the attribute table would be great because  these filters wouldn't have to be preconfigured. Any ideas?
Thanks, Falko

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Falko,

No the Attribute table or filter widget will not have the option of using any layer added to the map using a FeatureLayer that comes from a FeatureCollection (so exactly the types of layer you are wanting). This is due to the limitations that these layers have not coming for ArcGIS Server.

Does not support queries that need to be performed on the server, e.g. queries with a where clause or non-extent based spatial queries.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Correct Answer" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
FalkoMartin
New Contributor II

Thank`s Robert - confirming my assumption. Still, as the data is with the added graphics (e.g. pop-ups do work), it would be cool to have some kind of widget doing the filtering client-side. Might be sth. to look into for a custom widget ... Thanks again! Falko

0 Kudos
deleted-user-0W0-oLHxDjCX
New Contributor III

Dear Robert

Is there a way to add all fields as operational layer? When I use filter widget all I have is one field.

Sincerely

Ezequias

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

I can not make sense of your question.

Is there a way to add all fields as operational layer?

You do not add fields as operational layers

When I use filter widget all I have is one field

Are you meaning you can only choose one field to filter by? If so that is what the widget is designed for.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Robert

I meant that the result of Filter Widget (previous version than 2.0 WAB) is only showing one field when I check the add result as operational layer in checkbox.

I hope I made myself more clear this time .

Best regards

Ezequias

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ezequias,

Prior to 2.1 there was no filter widget at all?...

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Yes, it had. My doubt is that it is possible to set the widget could add a layer with all fields to the map instead of with only one field.

Maybe I am not able to set the config file properly.

Sorry about the correct name is Query Widget.

Sincerely

Ezequias

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Here is my pop-up and attribute table (result of the spatial selection on Query Widget). As you can see it has only one field on pop-up and two on attribute table (even setting fields ["*"] on config file.

0 Kudos