Select to view content in your preferred language

When an AGOL Feature Service is set to "Optimize Layer Drawing", layer does not draw in Pro

10-03-2016 10:35 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

For example, this complex line layer, when added to Pro 1.3.1, looks like this: 

I've tried deleting and re-configuring the symbology, same effect every time. Yes, latest video card driver is installed. This only happens on AGOL layers where "Optimize Layer Drawing" is enabled, if I pull this from the source (say a FGDB on a network share, same data), it doesn't happen. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't seem to reproduce this issue with your layer. A few questions:

1. Does it happen at all scales?
  2. Does it happen in a new Project?
  3. Does it only happen when you (the data owner) is signed into Pro?
  4. Does it only happen when the Map is in a different coordinate system than the layer?
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This appears to be intermittent (and thus not-reproducible) which makes it more frustrating. On 2 out of 5 "imports", it happens. On a new project it never happens. On the imports that fail, changing coordinate system doesn't improve things. This is on a system with dual ATI video cards (quad monitors), and I'm pretty OCD about keeping the drivers up to date. Could this be a directx/openGL issue?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Further testing is narrowing this down:

Start a new project;
Add http://nps.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c4d5a0e0f2464441a642748edf7d4a45  to the default, new map;

Change map coordinate system to WGS 84 OR WGS 84 Web Mercator: Problem appears

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

If you haven't already, please contact Esri Technical Support at 888-377-4575 to investigate this issue further.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

From my testing so far, the problem is also reproducible without drawing optimization turned on.

0 Kudos