Adding custom url parameters to WMS URL

09-09-2016 03:11 AM
DustinSampson
New Contributor

I'm trying to include an access_token to a WMS url.  It seems to work fine for GetCapabilities requests but when it does a GetMap request the access_token query parameter is stripped off.  I see in ArcGIS 10.4 Desktop in the "Add WMS Server" dialog there is an option to add "Custom Parameters" so I assume it should be possible via ArcObjects.  I tested adding the WMS service with access_token using the dialog and all was good, WMS layers were drawing no issues.  Any thoughts of how this can be done via ArcObjects? In 10.3.1 and/or 10.4?  

Thanks for any help.

Dustin

Tags (2)
3 Replies
DustinSampson
New Contributor

Found some help on The Spatial Community (gisdevs.slack.com)

"See IWMSMapLayer3::CustomParameters http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcobjects/latest/net/webframe.htm#IWMSMapLayer3_CustomParameters.htm (not a whole lot of doc, as it's just a property bag for whatever you want)" -- Craig Williams (@williamscraigm)

WWalker
New Contributor III

I wanted to point out that this is available at 10.4 and up.  Any chance you have a working example?  I am trying to accomplish the same thing.

0 Kudos
PeterHickman
New Contributor

Ditto to William's question to you asking for a working example.  Do you have any code samples that you feel as though you'd like to share out?

0 Kudos