Newly supported pulldata() function

Jump to solution
09-09-2016 07:17 AM
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

We are trying to use the pulldata function inside of a repeat, but does not seem to be working correctly.

When completing the survey we get to item 1 of 1 and everything works fine (picking an item from a dropdown, auto populates a note type item using our csv file).

After we click click add, the repeated section updates with a new blank area as expected and shows that we are looking at item 2 of 2.  Then when we pick from our dropdown, out note type item does not get auto populated with data from our csv file.  We would have expected the note item to be populated as it did for item 1 of 1.

This may be a bug since it is a new function?  Or maybe just missing something to allow it to work as we expect?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jamie,

you are right. This is a bug in 1.7. We will look  into this. I was able to get the expected behavior when rendering the result of the pulldata function in a text question, but  when  using a note (or a read-only text question) I was able to reproduce the problem you describe. Thanks so much for sharing this. I will get this in the development back-log.

Note that this issue affects any note that is calculated within a repeat. Technically the problem is not with the pulldata function. It is just a refresh issue that triggers when the value of the note is calculated.

Ismael

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

Edit to original post:  This happens in the Survey123 for ArcGIS application on Windows.  On IOS the data is pulled properly from the csv, however, the dropdown item picked is not cleared when we add to the repeat item (using the plus button).  No matter which item we choose from the dropdown, the text in the dropdown doesn't change.

The Form Preview in Survey 123 Connect for ArcGIS on windows executes flawlessly.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jamie,

you are right. This is a bug in 1.7. We will look  into this. I was able to get the expected behavior when rendering the result of the pulldata function in a text question, but  when  using a note (or a read-only text question) I was able to reproduce the problem you describe. Thanks so much for sharing this. I will get this in the development back-log.

Note that this issue affects any note that is calculated within a repeat. Technically the problem is not with the pulldata function. It is just a refresh issue that triggers when the value of the note is calculated.

Ismael

JamieKelly1
Occasional Contributor

Update:  I changed the note type to a text type and it works correctly (The pulldata function populates the text item from the csv file).  On iOS, I still have the issue with the cascading dropdown list inside the repeat.  Once a second item (and possibly after a third, fourth, etc.) is added, the last dropdown list in the cascade does not function properly.

I just tried completely removing the calculate field and the text field as a test of whether it was causing the issue, and it does not seem to be the cause.  The cascading dropdown lists inside the repeat are still not functioning properly on iOS.

So to explain the issue, we have 3 cascaded dropdown lists that allow the user to choose an Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.  (The regulations are broken down into sections like so: Part, Section, Subsection.)  For example to choose regulation PART V 29. (3)(a) the user would choose "Part V" in the first dropdown, "29" in the second dropdown, and (3)(a) in the third dropdown.  The first dropdown sets the choice filter on the second, and the second sets the choice filter on the third.  I would share the xlsx here, but not sure how to do that.

0 Kudos