I cannot activate and run ArcGIS Pro. 1.3.

09-05-2016 02:24 PM
KarimHussein
New Contributor II

I purchased ArcGIS for Personal and I installed ArcGIS Pro. on my PC, however every time I try to open the software and enter my ArcGIS Online named user information, it gives me the following error:

The account could not be used to sign in because it is not authorized to use ArcGIS Pro!

Thanks in advance,

Karim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

to confirm, did you follow the instructions here:

Download and install—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop  and here:

Licensing ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

and don't skip any of the blue sub-links since they contain pertinent information.

Addendum... this also Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

KarimHussein
New Contributor II

The problem is bigger than that and here you are the details:

I purchased the ArcGIS for Personal use two days ago, then I received an email from Esri with a link to My Esri website, and when I clicked on it, it took me to my purchase details, one of them was about ArcGIS Online subscription and 100 credits with a big blue button labeled by Activate. What happened next is that I clicked on that button and it took me to the ArcGIS Online login page, I had two options, option one is to create a new account and option two is to use an existing account. However I used my existing Esri Account (public ArcGIS Online account) and I thought it will be upgraded from public account to a named user account (which can be used to open ArcGIS Pro. And publish map service to ArcGIS Online).

The problem now is that my Esri public account did not upgrade to a named user account and when I go back to My Esri website it tells me that my ArcGIS Online subscription is Activated !!!!

What I want from you is to tell me where/how I can find my named user ArcGIS Online Account???

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well, I can tell you that you will have to contact tech support for that since they handle those issues

0 Kudos