Creating a addin toolbar

Jump to solution
08-31-2016 01:30 AM
KåreRasmussen1
New Contributor

Hi everyone.

I´ve installed Visual Studio 2013 express and Arcobjects SDK 10.3.1.

When I choose ArcMap add-in the Add-In wizard (C#) there is no Toolbar in Add-in type. 

How do I create a toolbar? Preferably from the wizard but if there is another way I´m open for that

Regards

Kaare

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

See the below video. The toolbar is created with a few xml tags in the config.esriaddinx. You can either stub it out by inserting the code directly into the config.esriaddinx or right click on your project, select add new item, and then add an addin container to your project, which will stub out the xml for you. You'll want to add the toolbar after you've created your commands if you're not familiar with manipulating the xml behind the toolbar to add items to it because the wizard will allow you to select the items from a drop-down.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

See the below video. The toolbar is created with a few xml tags in the config.esriaddinx. You can either stub it out by inserting the code directly into the config.esriaddinx or right click on your project, select add new item, and then add an addin container to your project, which will stub out the xml for you. You'll want to add the toolbar after you've created your commands if you're not familiar with manipulating the xml behind the toolbar to add items to it because the wizard will allow you to select the items from a drop-down.

KåreRasmussen1
New Contributor

Hi Freddie and thank you for your reply - just what I needed.

Regards

Kaare

0 Kudos