How do we limit choice list on print widget on web app builder?

08-25-2016 02:51 PM
SubodhDhakal1
New Contributor II

I  want to limit the printing choice list to PDF, JPG, but when i untick the  other options on publishing export web map as gp services, it defaults to all the choice list when i check on service? Any help why its not doing what we tell it to do when publishing export web map on ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

What version are you using?  There is a little note about those options within the 10.3 and 10.4 help:

Tutorial: Publishing additional services for printing—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for S... 

Tutorial: Publishing additional services for printing—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server 

Caution:

Due to a known limitation with the Export Web Map tool, you cannot filter the parameter choices available to end users.

SubodhDhakal1
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your advise Jonathan. I wanted to limit my choice list to PDF, JPG and PNG32 on webappbuilder print function. I have achieved this with editing on print.js file under widget>Print>Print.js .

Also to get rid of the line separator between two choices, entered this code (to remove menu separator) on index.html file

with doing that I achieve this: Nice and tidy.

Thanks!

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Great workaround, thanks for sharing!  It'll definitely help other people with the same issue.

0 Kudos