AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dissolve Not Working in Python Only in ModelBuilder

Question asked by tselvidge on Aug 18, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 by tselvidge

I am using ArcGIS 10.3.1 on my local and 10.4 on the server.

I constructed a model that at one point appends 2 layers and then dissolves the data. The append accurately appends data from both layers but the dissolve only contains data from one layer. I have this same process in 4 other models and it works for those but not this one. This process does work when I run it in modelbuilder. My python script was exported directly from the working module. I have compared the script against the working scripts and can find no difference in the procedures.

For Example (Cliff Notes Version):

LayerNew: New data that was just buffered

LayerOld: Old data buffered that needs to be updated

Append LayerNew with LayerOld. Outcome is LayerOld containing data from LayerOld and LayerNew.

Dissolve LayerOld. Outcome is only data from LayerNew.

In Python: 

# Process: Buffer
arcpy.Buffer_analysis(GeoRecsNew_AllBuff_NS__2_, ServerConnection_GeoRecsNewBuff_NoNulls_Sym_NS, "1 Miles", "FULL", "ROUND", "LIST", "FileID;WorkStatus;Subs_new;Subs_Current;Subs_Finished;DateAdded_month;NodeDissolved;LotCount_Finished", "PLANAR")
print ("buffer")

# Process: Append
arcpy.Append_management("'Database Connections\\ServerConnection\\ServerFolder\\ServerConnection.GeoRecsNewBuff_NoNulls_Sym_NS'", ServerConnection_GeoRecsOldBuff_NoNulls_Sym_NS, "TEST", "", "")
print ("append buffers")

# Process: Dissolve
arcpy.Dissolve_management(ServerConnection_GeoRecsOldBuff_NoNulls_Sym_NS__2_, ServerConnection_GeoRecsOldBuff_SymDissolve_NS, "FileID;WorkStatus;Subs_new;Subs_Current;Subs_Finished;DateAdded_month;NodeDissolved;LotCount_Finished", "", "MULTI_PART", "DISSOLVE_LINES")
print ("dissolve buffers")

In ModelBuilder:

Outcomes