shortlist URL parameters?

Jump to solution
08-12-2016 09:28 AM
TomSchwartzman
Esri Contributor

Is there any way to specify via URL which tab should be active when the app starts?  For instance, in a 5-tabbed shortlist, I want tab #3 to be active at load, so I’d love to be able to use a URL like this:

http://blahblahblah.com/shortlist?tab=3

The use case here is to highlight different tabs at different times of the year (or via links from different websites).  Like for local produce/farms, at xmas time point to the “Christmas Tree Farms” as the starting tab, but in the summer, do “Farmers markets” etc.

If this is not available, perhaps it can be considered an enhancement request?

Thanks,

Tom S.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Tom

That isn't supported currently but it is a good idea. It could be exposed in the UI via an enhanced sharing link that would let you choose to share the current tab. I'll make sure this is in our backlog if not already there. Another sharing option we have been discussing is ability to share a specific place in a Shortlist. That would let someone else open the Shortlist to see that place and the current tab and perhaps map extent could also be reflected in that URL.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Tom

That isn't supported currently but it is a good idea. It could be exposed in the UI via an enhanced sharing link that would let you choose to share the current tab. I'll make sure this is in our backlog if not already there. Another sharing option we have been discussing is ability to share a specific place in a Shortlist. That would let someone else open the Shortlist to see that place and the current tab and perhaps map extent could also be reflected in that URL.

Rupert

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Rupert Essinger

Do you know if this is something the story maps team has implemented or plans to implement in the near future?

This would be an excellent functionality in Shortlist. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Not implemented at this point and not sure if we will get to it in the near future. See this existing ArcGIS Idea for it: https://community.esri.com/ideas/13132  too/

Rupert

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank for the info, sounds good! We'll definitely vote up that idea. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos