AnsweredAssumed Answered

Buffer stops at 100% and then fails to execute Error 999999.

Question asked by joeswall on Jul 30, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 31, 2016 by xander_bakker

I have a large (360,000 features, 1.69 GB) dissolved land cover dataset feature class of just the forrest cover in the James River Watershed in a file geodatabase. I am trying to perform an inner buffer (-100m) to create a feature class of core habitat. I have selected and created a new layer from this that excludes any feature with shape length less than 100m. I have projected it to the correct coordinate system and repaired geometry. However, the buffer still runs up to 100%, goes back to 0%, and then fails. I am using arcgis pro to take advantage of the 64-bit geoprocessing capability of my computer, which also has 12 GB RAM and 3GHz CPU, though I have also tried to do it in ArcMap 10.4.1. All the failed output files are 5.33 KB and task manager shows that disk usage/activity ceases once it hits 100%. The output is to the file geodatabase and the parameters are Side Type: Full....     Method: Planar....     and No Dissolve.... -100 meters. Any advice would be immensely helpful as I have been trying to get this to work for over a week.

Outcomes