Select to view content in your preferred language

Dissapearing crowdsource entry?

07-23-2016 06:02 PM
InnisfreeMcKinnon1
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I am using Crowdsource Storymaps with my online class this summer. On the first map, one of my students added a point, but the entry doesn't appear on the map. https://uwstout.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?appid=061c8dc9ffae4acead7764de3e...

Maybe it is because she accidentally entered it twice? I can see the entries under "my content", looking at the data layer, but I'm not sure how to edit the layer or make it visible.

Is there a way to allow contributors to modify or delete their own entries? That would be a great feature!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Maybe when you created the story map you used the option, that the creator needs to approve any new participation?

If that is the case, you need to log in as the administrator and use the edit function. Then go to the map and in the upper right you can switch to "Review: New Contributions". Click on a new entry and approve it.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Hi Innisfree

I'm not sure specifically what happened in this case.  Tim's comment above is one to check: perhaps you chose to use the authoring option that contributions have to be approved by you before they appear on your map. Another thing to check is whether the contribution was located outside the default extent of your map: As the Crowdsource panel only shows contributions in the area you are currently looking at on the map, it can be quite easy to overlook a contribution that falls outside that extent, either when you are viewing your app or reviewing/vetting the contributions. Perhaps your contributor choose a place, either intentionally or unintentionally, that outside your default extent. So try zooming out on the map and you might see it appear.

Here's the URL to your app:

https://uwstout.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?appid=061c8dc9ffae4acead7764de3e...

(the URL you posted above is to the Builder session (has &Edit at the end) and so can't be launched

0 Kudos