Why is my related table data shown in the pop-up as count, and not string?

Jump to solution
07-22-2016 10:31 AM
JoshuaCarver-Brown1
New Contributor III

When I configure pop-ups from my related table data in a webmap, I am limited by what I can show. The configuration window allows only one 'Statistic Operator' option for fields which are strings.

A quick snapshot of the Service Directory shows that these are String fields.

How can I show these fields in a pop-up correctly, as strings, and not counts?

*This problem did not occur when I first uploaded and set up the pop-ups from related tables. The problem began after I updated the feature service by overwriting.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaryLong
Esri Contributor

Hi Joshua, is your relationship a one-to-many relationship? If so, it's documented that when displaying attributes within the pop-up, string fields show the count. (Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MaryLong
Esri Contributor

Hi Joshua, is your relationship a one-to-many relationship? If so, it's documented that when displaying attributes within the pop-up, string fields show the count. (Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS)

ScottEvans6
New Contributor III

I have experienced the same issue. We have been implementing a lot of dashboard solutions, and it would be very helpful to see the related fields, from the parent feature, in the related feature pop up. As more and more different applications are being created, that feed off of a web map, I feel it is a necessary function to have. Hopefully it can be implemented soon.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

Wow. So, if i hear you correctly, the only way to display related information, from a one to many relationship, is using "count" and not as a string? That not that helpful. lol. 

Does anyone know an alternative? 

TheKenerson
Occasional Contributor

Well this isn't good. 

0 Kudos