Assign groups during invite

Jump to solution
07-11-2016 08:12 AM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

For Organization accounts it would be "very" helpful if I could assign groups at the time of the invite. I'm dealing with thousands of members for our organization and having to constantly go back and see if the "pending" has changed to "active" and then assigning a group to these folks it time prohibited but necessary. Please promote the following "Idea"!

https://community.esri.com/ideas/8183

Thanks GeoGeeks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Venus,

This is available with batch uploading through a csv file if you use the two methods of inviting users:

Add members automatically without sending an email" or "Send invitations to preestablished user names."

If using this method, all users in the csv will be assigned to the group(s) specified.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Venus,

I know this option is available if you choose either "Add members automatically without sending an email" or "Send invitations to preestablished user names."  Ex:

Screen1.PNG

VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

But it's not available in uploading a .csv file correct? I only saw header fields for "Email,Role". Should have specified batch loading...

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Venus,

This is available with batch uploading through a csv file if you use the two methods of inviting users:

Add members automatically without sending an email" or "Send invitations to preestablished user names."

If using this method, all users in the csv will be assigned to the group(s) specified.

-Kelly