AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two part problem. Tagging Field Calculator permanently to attribute table, and rerunning Modelbuilder queries when new data added to table?

Question asked by cartographer4 on Jul 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 by cartographer4

Both these questions are for ArcGIS desktop 10.4:

I have built a nice database tied with a linear shapefile and saved Field Calculator equations to manage the data on the database.   However, I see no way to permanently tag a Field Calculator equation to a field.   How does one do that?

I find if I go to another field and use the Field calculator it totally forgets the Field Calculator equation was inserted in the first field, and I have to manually load it each time I use the Field Calculator to adjust the equation of another field.  I would rather the field remember it is tied to the equations I gave it in the first place!

In modelbuilder, unless I add elements to my model, once I run the model, it won't allow me to rerun it, unless I delete the intermediate data each time.  Is there any way to automate this process?  New data is going to come into my table and I want to be able to rerun the modelbuilder model each time I have to update my table.

Outcomes