Creating a Custom Reviewer Check

12-06-2010 05:57 PM
QingZhong
New Contributor
I downloaded a sample custom reviewer check application from the ArcGIS Resource Center:
Data Reviewer - Creating a Custom Reviewer Check | ArcGIS Resource Center http://resources.arcgis.com/gallery/file/data-reviewer/details?entryID=1A7C977F-1422-2418-A062-ADDF5...

In class 'IsNumericCustomCheck.vb' and function 'Excute', the following code generate an error:

Dim pPLTSError As IPLTSError2

pPLTSError = New PLTSError

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'ESRI.Production.Engine.IPLTSError2'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{60AB3FBB-00D1-405D-9BEE-30BD93CEA872}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I'm using VS 2010 and ArcGIS 10
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DheerajVarshnay
Esri Contributor
Are you getting this error while compiling the code or at Runtime?
0 Kudos
QingZhong
New Contributor
Are you getting this error while compiling the code or at Runtime?

At runtime.
Regards
0 Kudos
DheerajVarshnay
Esri Contributor
Let me reproduce this at my end and I will get back to you.
0 Kudos
DheerajVarshnay
Esri Contributor
Hi Qing,
I am not able to reproduce this error on my machine. The sample custom check is working just fine. I think this could be because your environment is different then mine. I would like to know the following:

1. What is the operating system on your machine?
2. Is the operating system 32 bit or 64 bit?
3. What is the the version of Visual Studio .NET?
2. Have you modified the check? If yes then can you send me your modified solution.

Thanks,
Dheeraj
0 Kudos