Summary of repeat data within survey

06-21-2016 03:13 PM
EricFord2
New Contributor II

Before submitting a survey, I was wondering if there is a way to view the key data entered within all the repeats for that survey without scrolling back through every repeat.  Using a calculation outside of the repeat I was able to show the key data entered for the most recent repeat within a text box, but adding another repeat resets the value in the text box.

As an example, we are using repeats for collecting a bunch of attributes for multiple soil types from the same test pit, so before submitting the survey the idea would be to display the key data in a format something like this:

repeat 1,begin depth = 0, end depth = 3, type = X

repeat 2, begin depth = 3, end depth = 5.5, type = Y

repeat 3, begin depth = 5.5, end depth = 6, type = Z

1 Reply
TerriSutcliffe1
New Contributor II

This is exactly what I'd like to do in my survey. Out in the field, the ecologist will split a traverse into segments. When they have walked to the end of each traverse segment, they will stop and write down evidence for a set of indicator scores. At the end of the full traverse, the ecologist would like to see a summary of all the evidence for each indicator and then allocate scores. I think this form would work a lot better for them, if there was a repeating set of questions (evidence) for each traverse segment and then further down the form you could see a summary for each of these and along with scoring fields. Can anyone give advice whether this is possible?

0 Kudos