Help deploying custom widget

Jump to solution
06-14-2016 10:46 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, this should be easy so I must be doing something wrong.

I simply wanted to test out one of Robert Scheitlin, GISP​'s custom widgets. I downloaded the StreetView widget from here: Google Street View Widget 2.0.1 - 04/21/16 . I put it in my widgets folder for my app (using WAB Developer Edition 2.0)

This seemingly follows the directions here: Deploy custom widget and theme—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers . Looking at directions here, Deploy your widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers , it mentions messing with the manifest.json properties. But this is already handled by Robert (it appears) since there is data there.

But, when I go to load my widget into the builder, I don't see it in there:

What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

All you should have to do copy the StreetView widgets folder into your stemapp widgets folder and then when you go and configure an existing app or create a new one the streetview widget will appear in the widget choices. Are you saying that you did that and it is still not listed as a widget choice?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

All you should have to do copy the StreetView widgets folder into your stemapp widgets folder and then when you go and configure an existing app or create a new one the streetview widget will appear in the widget choices. Are you saying that you did that and it is still not listed as a widget choice?

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Robert,

I knew I was doing something stupid. I was putting the widget in my map's widgets folder, not the client\stemapp\widgets folder... Sheesh (I should really read the directions of the links that I post...)

One side note regarding the streetview widget, if you have your own panoramic type of photography like google provides, can you switch out the streetview for another source?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

No the StreetView Widget uses code from the Google Maps API CDN and can not be switched.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Makes sense. Thanks!

0 Kudos