Missing Legend info on exported maps.

06-11-2016 08:38 AM
AngelaBrown1
New Contributor

I am creating some maps using ArcGIS Online layers (Soil, Wetlands and Flood data) but when I export the map as pdf (Adobe) the colors from the Online layers are not in the legend. They are there in the .mxd but on the pdf the are only labels in legend. Only the online layers are missing color keys.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

try a different format to see if it is a pdf issue, or a data source or permissions issue

0 Kudos
AngelaBrown1
New Contributor

I have tried other formats. Same result as jpeg or tiff.

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G Android device

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Angela,

I would guess that this is a data source issue primarily because your layers are from ArcGIS Online and not from your local machine. I wonder if you could "Print" this map and print it a a PDF and see if that makes the legend behave the way it should.

0 Kudos
AngelaBrown1
New Contributor

I have tried the print to pdf option as well. Same result.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Angela,

It's possible that your map is experiencing this bug:

000008590 - Bug: Picture symbol legend patches, inserted images, and objects fail to draw when expor...

(there is a work around listed in the bug).

But, you  could always convert your legend to a graphic since it is showing up in the MXD. Once it is a graphic, there should be no problem with exporting it to whatever format.

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/map/page-layouts/working-with-legends.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_1...

0 Kudos
AngelaBrown1
New Contributor

Thanks, I will look into that.

0 Kudos