Is it just me, or does ArcMap 10.1 have a habit of unnecessarily redrawing the display? With complex maps, this really slows down a workflow!
A few examples:
- Changes are made outside of the data frame, such as a page title (layout view)
- A legend is slightly repositioned
- A map element within the data frame is slightly reposition without changing how it overlaps with features.
- Zooming in/out
- Turning on or off the only label layer
- Minor symbology changes to a layer towards the top of the 'stack'
Sure, I understand the necessity of re-rendering before the final production output...but sometimes it's just overkill!!!