ArcGIS Earth won't install on Win10 8" Intel tablet

05-30-2016 08:28 AM
AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

Why won't install AE on 8 inch WINDOWS 10 Tablet PC w Intel Z3735F Quad Core 1.33GHz 32GB ROM 2GB RAM? Error message is like "will not install with this processor". Thanks, Andrew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I am guessing that the tablet is using more of a mobile-type of processor versus a desktop-type processor. Here are the system requirements for ArcGIS Earth:

ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS

What is the make and model of your tablet?

AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

I ran the MSFT utility and it's Intel Atom CPU Z3735F @ 1.33 Ghz 64bit  2GB RAM 32Gb storage

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

and in this section, make sure you run the test.  A lot of people, say the specs look fine, but they are deficient in some way.  Video is particularly important.

Hardware requirements

• CPU speed: 2.2 GHz or higher; Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) or multicore recommended.
  • Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core Duo, or Xeon Processors; SSE2 minimum. Run this Microsoft utility from your Windows command prompt to check your processor.
AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

Took me a while to find a bluetooth keyboard to run DOS screen (cmd for millenials) that runs full screen and won't 'see' onscreen keyboard WTF

I ran the MSFT utility and it's

Intel Atom CPU Z3735F
1.33 Ghz

64bit

2GB RAM

32Gb storage

4-core

hyper threading

I guess it's the speed or CPU type that's the killer... in the apps vs web war, it's apps 0  HTML5 1... except thuis app has no web counterpart #facepalm

0 Kudos