Story map won't open on iphone?

05-26-2016 01:15 PM
JulieUrbanik1
New Contributor

Hello,

I have embedded a story map into my blog here: Coordinates Society and it works fine on desktop for both pc/mac in all browsers, but only opens and works on Samsung Galaxy phone running android.  The blog page will not open on any iphone in either Chrome or Safari.  Does anyone know what the problem is?  I have cleared caches on iphones but when you try to open the page it just freezes up after loading up the initial image...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It opens up painfully slowly on the iPad using Safari but it hangs the whole system after a while.  So I don't know if it is an iThing issue or a Safari issue or both

0 Kudos
JulieUrbanik1
New Contributor

Thanks for checking - I've never encountered this before and it just works perfect on the Samsung... 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Is it the blog page in which the story map is embedded that won't open? Or does the blog page open up but the story map that is embedded in the blog doesn't open inside the frame in which it is embedded? Or does the story map appear inside the frame in which it is embedded but it doesn't work if people interact with it?

Also, I'd recommend also providing the readers with a link to open the story map in a new tab so it fills the tab.

http://denverro.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=76f8dafc79674ebdba40f3dc9ac6d6c8

This will give people the best experience if they want to dive in deep. It also enables phone users to tap that link in your blog and then fill their screen with the app.

Rupert

0 Kudos