ArcGIS Earth: UI improvements

05-25-2016 01:55 AM
AlbertoLaurenti
New Contributor III

Hi GeoNet Esri crew,

I've installed the last version of AGE 1.1 (great!) but still there are some important failings that I wonder if they'll be fixed in the next releases:

• Viewer: scale bar missing
  • Measure Tool: copy the full path lenght (segm 1 + segm 2 + segm 3 + ....), not only the total path lenght
  • Measure Tool: copy the point coordinates where the click on the map occurs
  • Measure Tool: AGE crashes when I click on the copy button (64 bit, Windows 7)
  • Ability to label features
  • Ability to customize attributes popups

I've not uninstalled the Google Earth Pro, but hope to see very soon AGE be 100% better than GE.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

These are really good suggestions and helpful information, thanks! In the coming V1.2 UC release, we will make some improvements on the measure tool. Feature of configuration on pop-ups will be supported in the long term plan. We definitely will keep improving and get AGE better.

Cheers,

Mandy

PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Also thing about creating a measure tool with circle and bearing like Google Earth does.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to see the Shift+Draw AOI rectangle to zoom into an Area of Interest more quickly - like all the other ArcGIS products.  My mouse wheel is getting a real workout navigating around within ArcGIS Earth.

0 Kudos