Create Redirect to Self with URL Parameters

05-19-2016 08:47 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I have a web map that does EXACTLY what I want it to do... EXCEPT...

The Map needs to load with the URL Parameters for the eSearch Widget that I added.

( shoutout to Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ )

What is the best way to setup the webmap so that it reloads itself WITH the URL Parameters?

I NEED the search to be the first thing users see. This allows me to have the web map just like we need it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

The way this is normally handled is the link that some one clicks to get to your site has the url parameters in the link url. If this is not a solution for you then I have a question. Does the search that you want to occur every time the app is loaded is it always going to be the same? If not then how would you know what parameters to add to the url?

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah, I want the exact same URL parameters to be the same everytime.

HOWEVER, the reason I worded my question the way I did was because I could see a reason to have a changing URL.

Such as... Collisions Map.

Set up the URL generator to create a new eSearch parameterized URL for the PREVIOUS days collisions. Then every visitor is INITIALLY greeted by yesterdays crashes.

In MY instance RIGHT NOW I'm building a Methlabs map. I don't want to populate the screen with Methlabs because (good lord Oklahoma has TOO many!) but I don't want to create a layer of JUST 2016  Methlabs. So by turning Methlabs off by default, using the URL parameters to auto-search the 2016 Methlabs, I get the map I want... EXCEPT I can't figure out how to auto-insert the URL Parameters for (at least) the first visit to the Web Map.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

How will the users get to your site? Do they go to your home page and click a link to go tho this app? If so then set the parameters in the url of that link.

0 Kudos