Accidentally add vertex (iOS) when trying to edit attribute feature

05-17-2016 06:19 AM
MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

On several occasions, I have inadvertently added a vertex to my polyline feature, when I'm simply trying to update a attribute feature by clicking the right-arrow (>) to open the list box. It seems there is a small area just to right edge of the iPad screen to the right of the right-arrow that I keep adding a vertex BEHIND the attribute window. Not a big deal to click the "Remove Vertex" or whatever the tool is, but if I'm not paying attention I can very easily screw up my polylines.  I know I need to better train myself to not "aim" for the right-arrow, but I'm finding I'm not the only one in my organization that appears to click the right-arrow.

Is this considered a bug or "design" issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matt,

That wouldn't be a bug since CREATE is enabled as a capability on the Feature Class. Its behaving as configured.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt! Thanks for reaching out to us. You are right that the behavior leaves something to be desired, and you aren't the first person to point it out. Bug-000082487​ is logged to get this improved. If you'd like to track that bug, you can call customer support and have them add you to it.

Esri Education Team