AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rename related tables in Web AppBuilder / attribute table widget

Question asked by starlene on May 16, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 by amclark112

Someone else posted this question a few days ago and it was deleted from Geonet, but I still need an answer so I am posting again......basically, I want to know how to make sure my SDE tables that are related tables can show the alias name I have specified in the web map, MXD and GDB. It does not seem to matter where I make a 'nice' name it always defaults back to the ugly SDE name. Bonus if someone can tell me a way to let the user choose which related table to open (as in the web map).  Original post below

"I have a related table (one to many relationship) in my web app that works fine, with one minor but annoying issue - when the related table pops up, the name includes the SDE file location (i.e. databasename.DBO.relatedtablename). I have tried renaming the table in ArcMap and in the web map - in both cases, it works fine. But once I bring the map into AppBuilder, it reverts back to the name in SDE. The only place I can find this original name is in the feature service rest end point, where it is listed in the table layer under "Relationships". Has anyone else run into this problem and/or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?"

Outcomes