AnsweredAssumed Answered

Frame_buffer_OGL::init_ FAILED when tapping map

Question asked by milack on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 by milack

I've run into a particular scenario that results in a crash with the following console output. I'm on the latest 10.2.5 SDK using Objective-C and iOS 9.3.1.

Frame_buffer_OGL::init_ FAILED to create_ FramebufferName

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type Esri_runtimecore::Common::Internal_error_exception: Internal error exception

Here's the general reproduction case:

1. Create a view controller (MapViewController) that includes an AGSMapView and set the mapView touch delegate to self (the crash still occurs without ever setting the touchDelegate). The map view also includes a sketch layer, AGSFeatureTableLayer and a few graphics layers. We create one graphic and add it to the map which is our 'selection' but does not use the selection mechanism/API provided with graphics layer.
  2. The user clicks a button to open a second view controller (without interacting with the map) to display details about that selected graphic.
  3. The new view controller (DetailViewController) is pushed on the navigation stack. This new view controller is a UITableViewController and it's headerView is a small AGSMapView that includes a basemap and a copy of the selected graphic. User interaction is disabled for this new map view and we show it only to provide context to the user.
  4. The user clicks a barButtonItem to pop the DetailViewController and return to the MapViewController.
  5. The user taps the map. Crash.

I've done quite a bit of testing and the key to this seems to be that it only occurs when the user presents the DetailViewController before ever interacting with the mapView

Some other notes:

• I tried setting the touchDelegate to nil before DetailViewController is pushed to the navigation stack and it did not make a difference.
  • I tried it without ever setting the touchDelegate and it still crashed.
  • If I attempt to pan the map instead of clicking, it works fine and future click events register without a crash.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas/workarounds? Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Outcomes