Query Widget and Chart Widget-why are the queries different?

05-09-2016 12:32 PM
MathewSuran
New Contributor III

Maybe someone can provide some insight as to why the Query Widget and Chart Widget both have different query functionalities.  For instance, in the Query Widget I can "Add a filter expression" and select "Ask for values".  In the Chart Widget, I can "Add a filter expression" but there is no option to "Ask for values" to prompt the user.

I would like to ultimately set up a query that will display the query results in the chart by a specific attribute.  Can I configure something somewhere with either one of the following scenarios?

1.  Set a Query expression where it prompts the user to type in values.  I would like to use the query results as the input data for my chart instead of creating a new filter.

2.  In the Chart Widget, create the same query with a user prompt for values (or someway to user define values) and then display the results.

Does anyone have any idea how I can accomplish this or suggest a different workflow?

1 Reply
BenSchmidt
New Contributor

I have the same question and would like to add to it.

When getting the user to input the values for the chart, the Chart Titles and Descriptions would also need to be updated dynamically based on the user filter selection for the chart; a combination of field values and text.  Is this possible right now or a future upgrade to the charting widget coming?

0 Kudos