Shortlist Supporting Layer Pop-ups not displaying

Jump to solution
04-29-2016 06:59 AM
EricCreighton
New Contributor II

Good morning to all,

I have searched far and wide for the answer to why my Shortlist Story Map supporting layers are not showing up but I can't seem to figure it out.  I'm assuming it's something I am clearly overlooking.  Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

In the index.html it looks like this.

Capture.JPG

My web map is located here:

http://stcharlesil.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7f8187ab50b346688dc5250389af5c39

I imported the data schema for the layer directly from the sample data.  I'm just not certain why they are not showing up.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,

Eric Creighton

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Eric,

Try adjusting the visibility scale for that layer to match the other layers in your web map, currently that supporting layer is not visible until one zooms pretty far in.  The Shortlist app will pick up that layer, and recognize it as a legitimate supporting layer, if it is visible during the web map's initial load.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Eric,

Try adjusting the visibility scale for that layer to match the other layers in your web map, currently that supporting layer is not visible until one zooms pretty far in.  The Shortlist app will pick up that layer, and recognize it as a legitimate supporting layer, if it is visible during the web map's initial load.

-Mark

0 Kudos
EricCreighton
New Contributor II

Thanks Mark, that was it.  I didn't think that would disable it, but I should've tested that out before I guess.

I appreciate the help.

Rupert,

I did notice that as well when I took the snippet of the index, however it still does work without it.  I did however go back into the index file and put one in, just because it would have bothered me if I didn't.

Thank you both for taking the time to look at this!

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Eric.

Glad that Mark found that issue for you.

I actually deleted my post about the missing ; at the end of your var line that you replied to because Mark pointed out that it is forgiving if that is missing 

Rupert

0 Kudos