Slow Processing

12-01-2010 11:06 AM
StevenKipping
New Contributor
Hello,

We have a few Python scripts written by a consultant that assist in exporting data from a file geodatabase to CAD DWG format.  On most machines it takes about 12-20 minutes to run all routines.  However, on one machine the same app takes about 80 minutes to run.  The machine appearing to run the slowest should actually be the fastest as it's the newest/most powerfull.  It is a Dell Precision T3500 Workstation, 2.7 GHz Xeon W3520 Quad-Core processor, with 4GB RAM.  The other machines are older/slower Dell Optiplex???s.  All are running WinXP.

If possible, could someone shed some light on what may be causing this machine to run much slower?  Could it be some ArcView 9.3.1 setting or some other hardware system setting? I have looked at the system setup (msconfig, etc.) but couldn???t really see anything that may be causing this (however, I???m not the most knowledgeable one to be judging this).  Everything else on this machine appears to be running fine ??? just this ArcView/Python issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Kipping
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenKipping
New Contributor
I found the problem with the help of Zach Felling of ADC and more particularily Julie Crego from this forum.  It's a registry setting called "OpLocksDisabled".

See below:
http://forums.esri.com/thread.asp?c=93&f=1743&t=301060

Again, thank you very much Julie and Zach...
SKK
0 Kudos