Can ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt coexist with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for OS X?

Jump to solution
04-26-2016 07:29 AM
WorthSparks1
New Contributor

I'm getting an error with incomplete instructions when installing ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt (OS X). Before I try anything I thought I'd ask here if it could coexist with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for OS X, which I have installed and working. Here is a screenshot of the error:

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 9.12.33 AM.png

Thanks,

Worth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

The 2 SDKs should be able to be installed on the same machine without any issues. This error indicates that ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt was previously installed (current or older) but probably did not get uninstalled properly for whatever reason. Have you ever had our Qt SDK (of any version) on this machine before? To troubleshoot, try the following:

- Check if the following file exists, and if so, remove it - ~/Library/Application Support/Esri/com.esri.ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt.properties.<version>

- There’s an XML file called “.com.zerog.registry.xml” at ~/Library/Preferences directory. If that file contains only information about RuntimeSDK Qt only, then you can safely remove it. Otherwise, perhaps you can send a copy to us for us to take a look?

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

The 2 SDKs should be able to be installed on the same machine without any issues. This error indicates that ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt was previously installed (current or older) but probably did not get uninstalled properly for whatever reason. Have you ever had our Qt SDK (of any version) on this machine before? To troubleshoot, try the following:

- Check if the following file exists, and if so, remove it - ~/Library/Application Support/Esri/com.esri.ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt.properties.<version>

- There’s an XML file called “.com.zerog.registry.xml” at ~/Library/Preferences directory. If that file contains only information about RuntimeSDK Qt only, then you can safely remove it. Otherwise, perhaps you can send a copy to us for us to take a look?

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
WorthSparks1
New Contributor

There appears to be a problem with logging into the GeoNet site. I’ve tried on multiple devices and get the same result page, “Technical Problem - The website may be experiencing a technical problem that is causing this error. Please try again at a later time.” So I’ll reply via email.

That worked! Thanks. There was no com.zerog.registry.xml file to worry about, just the first file you mentioned. I must have installed it a while back and never got around to messing with it. Not sure.

Worth Sparks

Monarch GIS <http://www.monarchgis.com/>

+1-980-322-6641

worth@monarchgis.com

worth.tel <http://worth.tel/> (contact & vCard)

0 Kudos