Simple custom widget example that interacts with a custom geoprocessing tool

Jump to solution
04-22-2016 07:35 AM
RaynerHoward
New Contributor III

Hello everyone.  I've built and published a geoprocessing tool that lets an ArcMap user click somewhere near a line (route) and it generates a shapefile with calculated station & offset values.  This is my first real foray into model builder and designing a GP tool to work with a custom in-panel WAB widget.  Seems like I'm taking on a lot at once.  So where does one start?  I've looked at example custom widgets but they're either too complicated or they don't shake hands with a GP tool and display the calculated results.  I'd like to create a very simple custom widget that prompts the user for a point (click on the WAB map) and it displays the station & offset information from the shapefile generated by the geoprocessing service.

I've gone through the instructions here:  Create a custom in-panel widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developer... and checked out some of the custom widgets here: Web AppBuilder Widget Search

Is there a very simple custom widget out there that can interact with a geoprocessing service?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rayner,

No there is not a simple custom widget out there for interacting with a GP service. But why are you not using the otb GeoProcessing widget in WAB?

Geoprocessing widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rayner,

No there is not a simple custom widget out there for interacting with a GP service. But why are you not using the otb GeoProcessing widget in WAB?

Geoprocessing widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

RaynerHoward
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert.  Didn't realize there was a geoprocessing widget in WAB.  Figured I would have to create a custom widget from scratch.

0 Kudos