Local Layer Widget Questions

Jump to solution
04-18-2016 03:38 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.0.

I installed the LocalLayer Custom Widget. It works great!

I have some questions:

1) When you create a new app, under the Maps button, the default is the Delorme Topo Map, how do I choose a locally hosted basemap? must I create a basemap (using a locally hosted url) on AGOL first? or is there way to host all basemaps local on my internal server machine? (I know I can use Robert's fantastic Enhanced Basemap Widget, but there still remains the issue that at least one basemap must be an AGOL Web Map, whereas the other basemaps can hosted on my local server machine.)

2) Seems like the Operational Layers and Basemap Layers must be in the same projection otherwise you will get a coordinate system error message when you launch the app? I know with Flex you could have them in different projections?

3) If I want to limit the number of attributes visible in an Operational Layer, how would you recommend this be done? since all these layers are hosted on my local server machine, not AGOL. Should I do this in the MXD by turning off the fields?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
  1. The Local Layer widget allows you to specify a basemap that will overwrite the basemap that comes in your web map. If you want to add a local basemap then just remove the delorme basemap and click the add basemap button to add your own. It will have to be in the same spatial reference as your web map and other layers.
  2. You can add layers that are a different WKID (SR) then the basemap. The issue you may be seeing is that your Web Map that you start with sets the maps LODs and SR so you need to start with a local projection Web Map if you are wanting to add a local basemap that is not Web Mercator.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I have answered question #3 already. The Pop-Up Attributes to display are set in the Local Layer Widget when you first bring the local service into the app.

I am still curious about questions #1 and #2.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
  1. The Local Layer widget allows you to specify a basemap that will overwrite the basemap that comes in your web map. If you want to add a local basemap then just remove the delorme basemap and click the add basemap button to add your own. It will have to be in the same spatial reference as your web map and other layers.
  2. You can add layers that are a different WKID (SR) then the basemap. The issue you may be seeing is that your Web Map that you start with sets the maps LODs and SR so you need to start with a local projection Web Map if you are wanting to add a local basemap that is not Web Mercator.