OAuth2 problem

04-17-2016 10:59 PM
AllanMills
New Contributor III

I'm led to believe from this page: Mobile and Native User Logins | ArcGIS for Developers  that I should be able to call up a URL like this: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/oauth2/authorize?client_id=XXXXX&grant_type=code&redirect_uri=ur...  (after replacing XXXXX for the client ID of my application) and have it prompt the user to log in as part of the authentication process. Instead that page gives me an error saying "response_type not specified". Am I overlooking something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
AllanMills
New Contributor III

I'm trying to open the page in a web browser first for testing purposes. I'm trying to avoid the OAuth samples since they use a lot of async commands and I'm not using a version of Visual Studio which supports that.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

If you're within a browser then looks like it should be response_type=code instead of grant_type=code: Browser-based Named User Login | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

... what version of Visual Studio are you using?

0 Kudos
AllanMills
New Contributor III

My main development environment is VS 2010 since, at work, we are using Arc 10.2. I've also got a copy of VS 2015 since most of the samples I've found using async commands which 2010 doesn't support.

0 Kudos