Implementing Swipe Map into Story Map Journal

Jump to solution
04-17-2016 10:44 PM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to implement without programming a Swipe Map or Spyglass into Story Map Journal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Karolina,

Check out this blog post, which outlines the process you'll need to embed a Swipe inside a Map Journal.

Embedding a Story Map within a Story Map | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Karolina,

Yes, it is possible to do this without programming. The story map journal can have other story maps inserted into it. All you have to do is reference the swipe map as one of your 'pages' or 'tabs' (or whatever it is called in the map journal). I hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Hi Adrian,

thanks for your answer. I think I know what you mean, but I do not know how to implement this technically. I tried to upload my Swipe App in Edit Section as a Web Page (link to the Swipe App) in Main Stage properties. However, it does not work, my Swipe App does not appear in my Story Map. Is this the right way to implement the Swipe Map?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Karolina,

I just temporarily created a story map to test this out. I had created a Web AppBuilder application of a web map. I created a story map and selected web page (like you did) and put the direct link of my WAB app into the box. This worked for me as I am able to see my WAB app in my newly created story map journal.

However... I just tried to add a swipe app map and it just comes up blank. Maybe there is not a way to add the swipe application like I initially thought... It seems that most other web applications work.

I am tagging Owen Evans​ as he would know better.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Karolina,

Check out this blog post, which outlines the process you'll need to embed a Swipe inside a Map Journal.

Embedding a Story Map within a Story Map | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Owen, now it is more clear for me how to add my swipe map into map journal. I was able add my swipe map successfully. However when I tried to minimize the UI using &embed option suggested in the blog I received an error:

"Uh oh, Bitly couldn't find a link for the bitly URL you clicked.

Most Bitlinks are 4-6 characters, and only include letters and numbers (and are case sensitive)."

Do you know maybe what can cause this error?

0 Kudos