Select to view content in your preferred language

Hi, ArcGISLocalTiledLayer doesn't load.

04-17-2016 04:17 PM
MauricioSalazar1
New Contributor

when i try to load ArcGISLocalTiledLayer, i have this error. I try with different TPK, owns, and th esri.

Thanks in advanced.

E/ArcGIS: url =file:///mnt/sdcard/AndroidNavColombia/Tiles/SanFrancisco.tpk    java.lang.RuntimeException: Internal error exception - Failed to open file. May not be a valid tile package.

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISLocalTiledLayer.nativeInitialize(Native Method)

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISLocalTiledLayer.initLayer(SourceFile:118)

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISLocalTiledLayer.<init>(SourceFile:82)

at com.esri.android.map.ags.ArcGISLocalTiledLayer.<init>(SourceFile:69)

at com.navcolombia.co.myapplication.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:34)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6876)

at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1135)

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3206)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3349)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1100(ActivityThread.java:221)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1794)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:158)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7224)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1230)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1120)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Honored Contributor

Can you confirm that the TPK exists on the device?

I would use the File.exists() method to confirm it is on the device at that location:

File | Android Developers

0 Kudos
MauricioSalazar1
New Contributor

Alexander thanks for your answer,

Yes, i use File to check if File.exists(),  i don't know was the problem,

my solution was back to android 22 and it work; the problem is with android 23.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1
Honored Contributor

If you are having issues at API version 23 it sounds like you are not giving permission to "dangerous" permissions.

This link should explain dangerous permissions:

System Permissions | Android Developers

This link would show how to request the permissions at runtime for external storage which would circumvent a possible dangerous permissions error:

android - Storage permission error in Marshmallow - Stack Overflow

Does this help?

0 Kudos