GeoEvent Service creating new features instead of updating existing

03-24-2016 09:26 AM
MarkLeVeque1
New Contributor III

I am polling this external website for GeoJSON, http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/all_hour.geojson,,

and sending the output to a feature layer as an update to that layer.  The incoming JSON has an id field as unique identifier that I have applied the TRACK_ID tag to, and in my feature layer I also have an ID field tagged with TRACK_ID.  I have a field mapper processor that is mapping the two ID fields.

My problem is that the same events are being returned multiple times when this website is pulled, and they are creating multiple features in the feature layer, each with the same ID for the same event. 

How can I get the GeoEvent processor to update the feature layer rather than add new features when I have an incoming value tagged with TRACK_ID that matches a feature already in the layer with the same id tagged as TRACK_ID?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark,

I was unable to reproduce this issue.  Below are some screen shots that show my configuration.  Maybe you can compare these to yours to see if there are any differences.  I'm using ArcGIS Server/GeoEvent 10.4.

Input:

input.PNG

GeoEvent Service:

GeoEvent Service.PNG

Output:

output.PNG

Definitions:

geoevent definition.PNG

GeoJSON Definition:

geoevent definition_Json.PNG

Feature Service Definition:

geoevent definition_FeatureService.PNG

MarkLeVeque1
New Contributor III

Thank you for this very helpful information.  I set up my service the same way you have yours set up and it's now working correctly for me.  The problem was I was using the output connector "Add a feature" instead of "Update a feature." 

0 Kudos
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Hi Jake,

Very very good information. I am trying to do something very simple. Input a geoJSON feed from NOAA. 

http://services.ogc.noaa.gov/geoserver/nhc/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&srsName=... 

However my input does not recieve any information. The input connect (Poll and external website for geoJSON), I don't know if this is an error at my end or elsewhere. Here is my input connect. 

All I want to do at this point is write out the input to a csv. Just to see if geoevent server is working. At the moment I can't receive any input either from this feed or the one in your previous example. So I assume there is something simple I am missing at my end. 

Any thoughts...

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos