WebApp Builder 1.3 issue - cant create new apps

03-23-2016 01:00 AM
AdamSmith
New Contributor II

Hi

Has anyone experienced issues with webappbulider when trying to create new apps? Just recently when i try to create a new app i get a rather useless dialogue that comes up and i don't seem to be able to create any new apps. I can edit old ones but cant duplicate them. Screen shot attached. Error message is completely empty so not a lot to go on. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

I have three installs that have this problem and I discussed this with the WAB Lead developer and the issue is that they are aware of this issue but have not been able to reproduce the event that causes it so that they know how to fix it. The only option you have once this starts is to Add a new install of WAB in a different folder (i.e. c:\web-appbuilder-1.3_) and then you can import your apps from the previous version using the upgrade option or if that does not work you can export your apps and then import them into your new WAB.

AdamSmith
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert. Strangely the issue seems to have corrected itself - i have no idea how as i've made absolutely no changes to the set-up. I'm sure that it will manifest itself again, so I'll log this workaround for future use.

0 Kudos
HunterCarver
Occasional Contributor

Adam,

It is likely your signininfo.json file under arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.3\server

is corrupted.  Close WAB, delete signininfo.json, relaunch WAB.  This file regenerates each time you launch WAB and if it corrupts it will not let you create new apps.  So it is not surprising that it "corrected itself" as you must have regenerated the json in a subsequent launch.

0 Kudos