AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error when using analysis tool in Portal for ArcGIS 10.4

Question asked by albertoaloe on Mar 16, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 by DSieger-esristaff

Hi guys:

I successfully configured Portal for ArcGIS federation with an ArcGIS for  Server instance (setting up a hosting server  as well configuring a managed geodatabase for the arc server). When I try to create  hosted services in the Portal everything is working fine and I see that data are ending up correctly in the managed geodatabase. However, when I try to run an analysis tool I get  the message:

Unable to create service ‘layername’. The servers managed database is not an ArcGIS Data Store

I was under the impression that configuring  a managed geodatabase in a DBMS was equivalent (or better) to using the ArcGIS Data Store, a solution that you can use when you do not have a DBMS at your disposal.

I tried several times with different options of creating the feature services (hosted uploading a shape, through arcgis server, hosted uploading a file geodb, hosted through ArcMap) with no success.

The question is:

In order to use Analysis tools in portal for ArcGIS 10.4 am I supposed to exclusively use ArcGIS Data Store instead of a DBMS managed geodatabase ?

Thank you

Alberto

Outcomes