ArcGIS Online - Attribute value drop down, coded domain

03-08-2016 01:23 PM
RickUmble
New Contributor

I created an feature service layer to be used for a light pole data collection project using Collector for ArcGIS.  Created the feature service from a file geodatabase.  Set up an attribute field, "TYPE", with 2 values available for selection in a drop down.  The "TYPE" attribute values are available for selection in a drop down list when I edit the feature service locally, however when I open the map in collector and try to add a new feature, the "TYPE" attribute values are not available.  Any help would be appreciated. File geodatabase attached.  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Did you allow for editing when you published this feature class? Also, did you allow for offline editing seeing as how it will be used on Collector?

I don't know if this is possible, but can you share a link to the feature service itself?

0 Kudos
RickUmble
New Contributor

Yes, I allowed for editing when I published the feature class and allowed for offline editing. 

Link to feature service:

http://services2.arcgis.com/18GPlQz4EhvHT4ph/arcgis/rest/services/CollectorArcGISTUlsterLightPoles/F...

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Honestly, I am not sure but I would wager it has something to do with how the geodatabase is structured. I seem to recall that if a feature class is within a feature dataset in the geodatabase, then there will be issues. Could you try publishing this feature class with it not being in a feature dataset?

Though.... I just opened your feature class (in an ArcGIS Online map) and I was able to edit the features from the drop list. Maybe it's just Collector that is having issues?

0 Kudos
RickUmble
New Contributor

I found the issue, Adrian.  I needed to go to Details - Content - More Options - Configure Pop-ups, Configure Attributes, and check the attributes I want to display and edit.  I made the change shortly after I posted yesterday.  I think this explains why you were able to edit features from the drop down list in the ArcGIS Online map.  Thanks for checking this out.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Haha, it must be why! Great timing! Well, I'm glad you got it working. 

0 Kudos